Do Better Academia is a community of campaigners who support other victims of wrongdoing in universities and campaign for accountability in universities.
We have chosen to help people who have experienced wrongdoing in universities because we genuinely want to make a difference. Please be respectful of us: we are trying to help.
What we can do:
- We can listen with empathy and respect to people who approach us.
- We can signpost people to charities, organisations and services that may be of help.
- We can help people reach out to the media.
What we cannot do:
- We are volunteers, so the time we can spend helping people is limited.
- This is a not-for-profit organisation, so we have no funds to disburse.
- We can provide general information but we cannot give specialised or legal advice.
- We cannot offer mental health support or treatment, other than listening to those who come to us with empathy and respect. If you are currently experiencing distress or feel you may be at risk of harm you can find some helpful resources here.
- We cannot be responsible for third parties’ actions or omissions. We also cannot be responsible for the outcome of events, if they do not turn out the way people may wish.
Do Better Academia and its volunteers endeavour to ensure the content of this website is accurate and up to date but does not accept any liability for error or omission.
Do Better Academia is not a medical, legal or advisory organisation and provides information rather than advice. Do Better Academia and its volunteers do not accept liability for any inconvenience, loss or damage arising from the use or inability to use any of the information on this website.
Do Better Academia and its volunteers do not take any responsibility for the content of external websites and any such links should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind.